Auckland Graduate Recruitment Programme - January 2020
apply nowupload your cv
Assurity Consulting is a NZ owned and operated, tech consultancy working with businesses to help solve their technology 'challenges’. We do this strategically through, providing the expertise and the people to help them realise a better future in a fast-changing world. Our services include Test, Innovation, DevOps, Design Thinking, Agile, Business Analysis and Test Engineering.
Delivering quality technology at pace will determine who succeeds in this new environment. We help our clients achieve this by employing amazing talent who can apply the best digital thinking, education, practices and technologies across the project lifecycle.
With an industry-wide shortage of skilled technical consultant testers, our comprehensive programme offers graduates the required skills and knowledge for a successful career and future in the software testing industry… with Assurity.
What we’re looking for
- Recent graduates (within the last two years) with a tertiary degree from a recognised New Zealand University/Institute or equivalent
- The ability to work in a team-driven collaborative environment
- Enthusiasm to be part of our company culture
- A strong passion for ICT and quality and software testing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to solve complex problems and an analytical mind
- A growth mindset, always learning and sharing new ideas
- The ability to quickly come up to speed when learning new things
- Resilience and adaptability to be able to work with different clients
- Attention to detail - it's an essential skill for a tester.
- As a consultant you'll need to build trust and respect with our clients quickly, this is about personality as much as intellect.
Our programme offers two streams
- We accept degrees from any discipline, we're looking for people with strong attention to detail and analytical minds.
- You'll ideally have a degree in Computer Science and are proficient in writing code. You might have studied to be a Developer but did you know you can be a "Developer in Test"? It's a crucial role in software quality assurance.
Where can I work?
Develop your career
You'll become a permanent member of the Assurity team where we'll help you develop your career, starting with 20 days of dedicated training up front, followed by ongoing development opportunities spanning your first two years and beyond! During the initial training we will teach you the key concepts and methodologies of testing along with practical projects to work on. You'll be given a mentor and buddy to support you during your time with us. At the end of those two years you'll be a fully fledged software tester and have further career development opportunities and ongoing mentoring.
What’s in it for you?
We offer an industry competitive salary and one-off clothing allowance to get you started. Your benefits include health, life and income protection insurance, the ability to purchase extra annual leave, social and wellness initiatives throughout the year – including ice cream on hot days, home baking, a sports team and regular Friday drinks.
Want to see our values in action? Check out our blogs on the Assurity website and #LifeAtAssurity on Instagram @assuritynz
Only apply once and ensure you include:
- Covering letter that states why you're interested in a testing career with Assurity and the value you think Assurity brings to its clients.
- The stream you are applying for
- The branch location you prefer
Applicants must be in NZ and hold valid work visa.
Applications close on 15 July 2019. The Programme starts January 2020, and you’ll need to be available to start with us in this month. The exact date will be confirmed by the end of October.