apply nowupload your cv
Assurity Consulting is a NZ owned and operated, delivery consultancy working with business to help solve their challenges to bring their future forward. We do this strategically through working with the C-Suite and their teams, providing expertise and the people to help them transform. Our services include Innovation, DevOps, Design Thinking, Agile, Test and Test Engineering
We’re looking for an experienced Finance Manager to lead our team in Wellington. This role is responsible for the financial operations of Assurity. Reporting to the General Manager Business Services you will be the financial partner to the Senior Leadership Team with the opportunity to grow into a Senior Leadership role.
You’ll play a pivotal role leading our Finance team. You’ll be responsible for accounting policies and procedures, cash management, preparation of tax returns and statutory accounts, leading the financial operations (AP, AR, transactional accounting etc), and liaison with external advisers. You’ll also be accountable for:
- Leading and coaching of a team of three wonderful people
- Compliance with IFRS and company policy
- Developing and ensuring effective compliance with policies and procedures
- Preparing and interpreting monthly management accounts and annual reports
- Preparing and filing of tax returns and statutory accounts
- Bank and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Revenue recognition processing and analysis
- Monthly invoicing and collections
- Analysing margins and variances
- Meeting all transactional, payroll, taxation and company law requirements
- Managing the day to day cash inflows and outflows and cash forecasting
- Assessing and managing risks
What you’ll bring
- Relevant qualifications including your CA
- Strong technical financial and management accounting skills
- Ideally experience in professional services organisations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to forge strong internal relationships
- Leadership experience and the ability to grow and empower your team
- Experience working with executive level stakeholders
- Analytical capability and great problem solving
- A natural curiosity and initiative to pre-empt and front foot opportunities or issues
This will be a great role running a finance function in a leading professional services consultancy with over 280 staff, with a career path to a Senior Leadership. We are very passionate about what we do and are looking for someone that understands our business and vision and will play a key role in helping us to Bring the Future Forward.
What’s in it for you?
Working for Assurity, you get variety and the ability to work on different projects, technologies and domains without job hopping. You’ll also have ongoing professional growth opportunities, as well as:
- Monthly get together for branch updates and catered lunch
- Friday drinks back at the office (we sometimes pull out the board games as well)
- Regular community of practice events
- Monthly social club events
- Netball and squash teams
- Staff Charitable Trust
Other benefits include health, life and income protection insurance, the ability to purchase additional annual leave, extra sick leave and wellness initiatives throughout the year.
Want to see what it’s like working for us? Check out our Instagram @assuritynz
Get in touch
If you're interested and have experience as a Finance Manager you can contact me on 04 473 0901 or for a job description email email@example.com. Otherwise hit Apply and in your Cover Letter tell us why the role appeals to you.
Applicants should be in NZ with a valid work visa.