Lead Performance Engineer
apply nowupload your cv
Assurity Consulting is a NZ owned and operated, tech consultancy working with business to help solve their ‘challenges’. We do this strategically through working with the C-Suite and their teams, providing expertise and the people to help them transform. Our services include Innovation, DevOps, Design Thinking, Agile, Test and Test Engineering.
Is this you?
Our Performance Engineers work closely with our QA teams and clients to debug, measure, analyze, and improve the software and infrastructure of some of our most critical projects, with the ultimate goal of performance that yields an excellent end-user experience. This opportunity would suit someone who is confident and proud of the high quality scripts they write and keen analytics along with the following skills and experience:
- An expert in performance analysis and optimisation of distributed, database driven web applications
- Experience using both enterprise and open source tools such as JMeter
- Strong test engineering, workload modelling, analysis and reporting skills
- Experience in using techniques such as visual models, BDD, specification by example(SBE), continuous integration and applying lean thinking is desirable
- A good understanding of enterprise I.T. architectures, software patterns and frameworks
- Enterprise monitoring configuration and usage of OEM, Cacti, JConsole, SPLUNK
- Solid technical and scripting/coding skills in either Perl, Groovy and Java
- Ability to clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders
- Knowledge of distributed systems in a public or private cloud
What you'll be doing
- Analysing production datasets to define accurate workload models
- Scripting using JMeter
- Solving complex technical problems and providing solutions
- Understanding, analyzing and identifying the bottlenecks in application and infrastructure performance.
- Collaborate with peers, key stakeholders and project team members to influence architectural changes.
- Reporting performance metrics through to key stakeholders.
We're working on some of the biggest transformation projects in town, so you need to be confident in working across varying software methodologies and quickly pick up domain knowledge.
What’s in it for you?
You'll get to work with a team that are really passionate about what they do. You’ll gain exposure to different businesses, tools and technical environments. Other benefits include ongoing professional development, health, life and income protection insurance, the ability to purchase additional annual leave and wellness initiatives throughout the year.
Why do people work for us? It's always about the people. Check them out on Instagram @assuritynz
We really want to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about this job or have a chat. Connect with our Senior Recruiter, Hannah Mundell on LinkedIn, or click that nice big button to apply! We strongly encourage you to submit a cover letter with your application.
We are proud of our diversity with employees from over 36 countries. We are accredited with Immigration NZ and as such welcome applications from international candidates that met the criteria for our roles and demonstrate a passion for NZ.