People Development Manager
apply nowupload your cv
Assurity is a delivery consultancy working with NZ companies to help them transform their businesses and thrive in the digital age. Focusing on three core areas – applied innovation, new ways of working and modernising technology – we’re helping NZ clients to better serve their customers. In turn we’re improving the lives of Kiwis and our nation’s productivity. We like to think we’re ‘bringing the future forward. This job is an opportunity to bring your future forward too.
Could you be who we’re looking for?
The People Development Manager (PDM) is a cornerstone role in every branch of Assurity. With a focus on caring for our consultants, ensuring their professional development needs are met and subsequently contributing to our engagement and retention you’ll have direct input into the branch’s overarching people strategy.
You’ll work closely with the PDM’s in the other branches and the People and Culture team, ensuring every employee has an aligned experience at Assurity, no matter where in the country they are. You’ll lead a small team of People Leads, coaching and guiding them around people practices to support and encourage the development and growth of our people. As a professional services organisation, our staff engagement is pivotal to our ongoing success and to delivering quality outcomes for our clients.
This is not an L&D, “Coach” or HR Manager role, this is about shaping our culture and operations and people strategy, being directly accountable for real business outcomes and the pastoral care of our people.
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and attributes:
- A strategic thinker, who is able to align the business strategy with the people strategy, keeping our people forefront in mind
- Business acumen, including budget setting, P&L insights and visibility across the business landscape.
- A genuine focus on people. We have a number of core values that define our ‘how’ with our overarching value of ‘ We care’ being one of them
- An effective people leader - able to unite people with our vision and purpose, ensure everyone takes personal accountability and work collaboratively with their colleagues.
- An excellent communicator and facilitator so that you can act as a sounding board for our leadership team and our staff and develop their trust and respect by achieving great outcomes
- A coaching mindset and experience in leading and developing people, to help them reach their full potential.
- Someone who isn’t afraid of difficult conversations and who can ensure feedback to their people is regular, fact based and fair
- Proactive and capable of leading and owning a piece of work
- Collaborative and with strong interpersonal skills
- A good grasp of people and HR frameworks and how these can be effectively implemented to achieve great results and delight our staff
- An understanding of modern professional services and with experience in developing the soft consulting skills in others would be desirable
What’s in it for you?
Working in a great culture that really values people. Variety and the ability to work on different projects and domains without job hopping. You’ll also have ongoing professional growth opportunities, as well as:
- Play a strategic role at the regular branch leadership meeting
- Friday drinks back at the office (we sometimes pull out the board games as well)
- Regular community of practice events
- Monthly social club events
- Netball and squash teams
- Staff Charitable Trust
Other benefits include health, life and income protection insurance, the ability to purchase additional annual leave, extra sick leave and wellness initiatives throughout the year.
Want to see what it’s like working for us? Check out our Instagram @assuritynz
Get in touch
If you're interested and have experience and a passion for a people role, hit Apply and in your Cover Letter tell us why the role appeals to you. For a copy of the job description email email@example.com