People Lead - Part Time
apply nowupload your cv
Full Job Description
Assurity has built a reputation for improving clients quality, capability, agility, innovation and capacity; delivering these outcomes by challenging the status quo and leading clients confidently into change that works for them. It takes amazing people to do it and making a difference is a fantastic reward. The People Lead is key to our employee experience and to our people’s growth and development. They are also the primary point of contact between Assurity and our staff, who are often based on a client site.
Reporting into the People Development Manager, as the People Lead, you will provide coaching and guidance to a large team. While not being responsible for day to day client delivery, the People Lead is key in facilitating the building of both technical and professional capability and supporting career development whilst ensuring staff feel connected to our organisation. This role would suit someone who has previous team leader or coaching experience from a professional services environment.
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and attributes:
- You'll have previous experience managing medium to large teams and have a coaching for growth mindset
- A genuine focus on people. We have a number of core values that define our ‘how’ with our overarching value of ‘we care’ taking priority
- HR Advisory experience is helpful but not a requirement for this role but you do need to have a grasp of people performance frameworks and use performance plans to get the best outcomes.
- A good listener and facilitator. So that you can act as a sounding board for our staff and develop their trust and respect by achieving great outcomes
- A coaching mindset, encouraging those around you to step out of their comfort zone and reach their potential
- Someone who isn’t afraid of difficult conversations and who can ensure feedback to their people is regular, fact based and fair
- An understanding of professional services and with experience in developing the soft consulting skills in others would be ideal.
This role is part time, 20 hours per week. Days are flexible but need to be across at least 3 days per week.
What’s in it for you?
Your benefits include health, life and income protection insurance, the ability to purchase extra annual leave, social and wellness initiatives throughout the year – including ice cream on hot days, home baking and regular Friday drinks.
We believe in teamwork, collaboration and knowledge sharing as our fundamental ways of working around here. Check us out on Instagram @assuritynz
We really want to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about this job or have a chat. Alternatively you can hit the apply now button.