Principal Business Analyst
apply nowupload your cv
We’re growing - fast, we have new clients onboard and great projects underway with more in the pipeline, there is no time to sit on your hands. We need a hands on LEAN Senior BA to lead our practise who truly understands new ways of working and has a strong depth of BA techniques.
Assurity is Realising the Future
Focusing in three core areas – applied innovation, new ways of working and modernising technology – we’re helping NZ clients leverage technology to better serve their customers. In turn we’re improving the lives of Kiwis and our nation’s productivity. We like to think we’re ‘bringing the future forward’. This job is an opportunity to bring your future forward too.
We're looking for someone with a wealth of experience in traditional and modern Business Analysis who can make a strategic difference. Someone who is engaged in the BA community, and will bring fresh thinking to help our clients deliver better outcomes faster.
About the Team
Our teams are made up of a strong network of diverse and talented people. As one of our consultants you’ll work alongside Design Thinkers, Agilists, DevOps and Testers. They are expert practitioners who are leaders in the community. You’ll find they’re always ready for a laugh, daily banter on our Slack channel, and chances are high there will be snacks.
‘We Care’ and meeting the team you’ll see they have a passion for ‘paying it forward’ through mentoring, knowledge sharing and charitable work.
‘We Value Potential’ you don’t need previous consulting experience to join Assurity, it’s aptitude and attitude that is important to us.
‘We Challenge’ and for you what that means is (respectfully) challenging people’s ways of thinking and processes, we don’t do things just because ‘it’s always been done that way’.
‘We Lead’ it’s not best practice we work to, it’s next practice. Using your skills, knowledge and experience, you’ll be helping to lead our clients to the future.
‘We Delight’ At the end of the day we are all in this together to achieve the same goal, to help our clients and the people of NZ have better software experiences.
What you’ll bring with you
You’ll display a deep understanding of client issues and build credibility through your ability to pick apart process and recommend new ways of doing this - and getting people on the journey and understand the ‘why’.
It’s essential that you have an excellent commercial acumen and understanding of current and emerging digital thinking, methodologies, standards, frameworks and processes so you can become a trusted advisor to our clients. You also
- Need to be an excellent facilitator we versed in scrum and running retros
- You need to have a strong depth of BA techniques such as story mapping,impact mapping or Innovation like Design thinking, Devops, RPA (not all of these are expected)
- Having a strong BA techniques you’ll ensure that the BA practice can develop a strong sense of personal identity
- Strategic leader - Someone that understands where the market is going, and can help position us for the future.
- Build a team with a shared vision around Business Analysis Practices, and promote that vision within the company to ensure alignment
- Someone that understands how to cast and deliver on a vision, bringing people in the Business Analysis team and the wider branch on the journey
- Build strong partnerships with our clients
- A passion for imparting knowledge to others, ideally with prior experience in delivering training courses and facilitating workshops
What’s in it for you?
As a consultant, you have job security, and we share the task of finding the work. You also get variety and the ability to work on different projects and domains without job hopping. You’ll also have ongoing professional growth opportunities, as well as:
- Monthly get together for branch updates and catered lunch
- Friday drinks back at the office (we sometimes pull out the board games as well)
- Regular community of practice events
- Regular social club events
- Netball and squash teams
- Staff Charitable Trust
Other benefits include health, life and income protection insurance, the ability to purchase additional annual leave, extra sick leave and wellness initiatives throughout the year.
Want to see what it’s like working for us? Check out our Instagram @assuritynz
We can’t wait to talk to you about your next career step and how we can help you with that. Click that nice big apply button today!
Assurity offers relocation assistance for successful overseas applicants and is accredited with Immigration NZ. As such we welcome applications from overseas that meet the criteria for our roles and demonstrate a genuine desire to move to New Zealand.