Principal DevOps Consultant
apply nowupload your cv
Assurity Consulting is a NZ owned and operated, tech consultancy working with business to help solve their ‘challenges’. We do this strategically through working with the C-Suite and their teams, providing expertise and the people to help them transform. Our services include Innovation, DevOps, Design Thinking, Agile, Test and Test Engineering.
Is this you?
We’re looking for a experienced IT professional to lead our Auckland DevOps team with a focus on our clients, our people and our community. You would help us grow our clients' strategy and capability to improve their software delivery and operations culture and practices. You would also be leading our development team, helping deliver solutions in conjunction with our Design Thinking team.
Within Assurity you would help grow our people across all our services to adopt DevOps principles and practices. We want someone who is passionate about their craft, with the ability to convey a strong message around DevOps and its merits in producing better quality outcomes, and enjoys sharing their knowledge with the local community through meetup groups, conferences and educational events.
- Strong leadership skills to lead our Auckland DevOps and software delivery teams
- Senior level skills in IT operations and software development with the ability to articulate the benefits and challenges of a DevOps approach
- You live and breathe best coding practices - we're all about clean, scaleable, well-tested code and anything less won't make the cut.
- Deep understanding of the principles, benefits and pitfalls in implementing automated delivery pipelines (e.g. continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous delivery, automated provisioning, configuration management, secrets management and release management)
- Practical hands-on experience designing and implementing automated solutions across the SDLC (i.e. build automation, test automation, deployment automation and cloud infrastructure automation)
- Familiarity with source code management tools, platforms, concepts and best practices (Git, code reviews, pull requests, gated commits, branching strategies and semantic versioning)
- Experience implementing logging, monitoring, tracking and incident management solutions would be useful
- Understanding of basic Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts, with SRE and operations experience a plus
- Ability to develop and deliver training to our clients and internal teams. We have a program in place to help you grow your education skills.
We're avid users of a variety of tools and maintain several partnerships . Some of the things our team loves to chat about include Chef, PagerDuty, CloudBees Jenkins, Pivotal CloudFoundry, Terraform, Vault, Kubernetes..."
You'll work closely with our DevOps Leads in Wellington and Christchurch to help us grow our offerings to the market
What’s in it for you?
You'll get to work with a team that are really passionate about what they do. You’ll gain exposure to different businesses, tools and technical environments. Other benefits include ongoing professional development, health, life and income protection insurance, the ability to purchase additional annual leave and wellness initiatives throughout the year.
Why do people work for us? It's always about the people. Check them out on Instagram @assuritynz
We really want to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about this job or have a chat. Connect with our Senior Recruiter, Hannah Mundell on LinkedIn, or click that nice big button to apply!