Senior Agile Consultant
apply nowupload your cv
Assurity Consulting is a NZ owned and operated, tech consultancy working with business to help solve their ‘challenges’. We do this strategically through working with the C-Suite and their teams, providing expertise and the people to help them transform. Our services include Innovation, Business Analysis, DevOps, Design Thinking, Agile, Test and Test Engineering.
We are working with New Zealand businesses to help shape the way the think about Agile and deliver value to their customers through having a deeper understanding and better use of lean and agile practices. We want you to help our clients develop a lean and agile mind set, harnessing practices and tools that will deliver amazing products and services to many users and customers.
You’ll work with Executives and business leaders as well as Development teams, Product Owners to create a culture that delivers a beautiful product ecosystem which is consistent, reliable and usable, delivering the performance needed by the business.
You need to be more than a Scrum master, you’ll have a robust tool kit and experience scaling Agile using the likes of SAFe, LESS, Scrum etc, but the real magic comes from being able to ask the right questions, listen to a clients needs, and pragmatically leverage that toolbox to build a solution that will help them make the leap forward.
What I need to do
- Be a true servant leader
- Lead and influence Agile change in Enterprise environments from a Senior Leadership level
- Support Lean and Agile thinking as the norm and help foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Encourage a culture of openness and transparency
- Coach the Teams in organisational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood
- Work with Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum as the framework for organisational change.
- Support the efficient flow of work through Agile teams by helping the teams remove obstacles and making improvements
- Develop the skills of and mentor Scrum Masters
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities for engagement with future clients
- Teach and coach Agile mindset, practices (Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban... ) and values to our clients
- Build training materials to support a blended learning strategy
- Deliver training and facilitate events such as Impact mapping, Story Wall Mapping etc.
What I need to know
- Have a track record in delivering change and value across multiple delivery teams
- Have deep knowledge of agile methodologies including Scrum, Kanban, XP as well as scaling frameworks like Scrum of Scrums and LeSS
- We love receiving applications from candidates who have awesome transferable skills from different industries, we like to ‘embrace the difference’!
- We are looking for motivated individuals who influence because of their experience and credibility, not by 'turning the volume up'! Good communication skills with people at all levels is important.
- Our colleagues are committed to delivering change and solving complex challenges quickly, with support of course!
- We value an eye for business, great organisation and prioritisation skills and we favour an analytical and logical approach to problem solving.
- We love our customers and we are committed to provide digital products & technology.
We believe this is a unique, exciting and career defining opportunity. If you’re excited too, we look forward to hearing from you!
What’s in it for you?
You'll get to work with a team that are really passionate about what they do, gain exposure to different businesses, tools and technical environments. Other benefits include ongoing professional development, health, life and income protection insurance, the ability to purchase additional annual leave and wellness initiatives throughout the year.
Why do people work for us? It's always about the people. Check them out on Instagram @assuritynz
We really want to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about this job or have a chat. Connect with our Senior Recruiter, Hannah Mundell on LinkedIn, or click that nice big button to apply! We strongly encourage you to submit a cover letter with your application.
We are proud of our diversity with employees from over 36 countries. We are accredited with Immigration NZ and as such welcome applications from international candidates that met the criteria for our roles and demonstrate a passion for NZ.