Senior Performance Engineer
apply nowupload your cv
The accelerating rate of technology change puts New Zealand businesses under increasing pressure to adapt at faster rates – and in competition with global players. We help organisations embrace the benefits that change offers to give them the best opportunity to survive and thrive. We help clients innovate the products that customers will love, modernise technology to enable delivery of those products at pace and develop a high-performance culture that allows businesses to respond and adapt.
With more than 150 passionate and skilled staff across New Zealand, our teams work to deliver sustainable, strategic change that accelerates the ability of organisations to compete in these exciting and challenging times.
As a Senior Performance Engineer, you will lead our performance testers to deliver solutions for our clients; provide onsite training and mentoring to our staff; and help grow our performance testing and engineering services. You will work on a mix of client engagements of varying durations and team sizes, sometimes with a large team on a long-term engagement, sometimes by yourself on a short project. You'll be expected to work effectively with our stakeholders in identifying and resolving performance issues. Our teams will look to you to solve the gnarly performance problems that our clients are facing.
You will be involved in creating performance test automation strategies and developing performance test engineering frameworks that meet our client's needs, as well as workload modelling, reporting and issue resolution. You'll be involved in our recruitment and capability growth, including teaching part of our graduate programme.
As well as learning in your day-to-day role, you'll have the opportunity to learn from some of our leaders in their field, including our Assurity Cloud team who have built a world-class platform for performance testing and monitoring (amongst other uses) and from our highly experienced DevOps team.
Is this you?
Our Performance Engineers work closely with our QA and DevOps teams, modelling, automating, measuring, analysing, and improving the software and infrastructure of some of our clients' most critical projects, with the ultimate goal of performance that yields an excellent end-user experience.
This opportunity would suit someone who is confident and proud of the high quality scripts they write and analytical dashboards and reports they create, along with the following skills and experience:
- An expert in performance analysis and optimisation of a wide range of technologies and architectures
- Experience using open-source and commercial tools such as JMeter and LoadRunner
- Strong test engineering, workload modelling, analysis and reporting skills
- A good understanding of enterprise IT architectures, software patterns and frameworks, including modern cloud and container solutions
- Enterprise monitoring configuration and usage of APM tools
- Solid technical and scripting/coding skills in either Perl, Groovy and Java with a focus on clean code
- Ability to clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders
- Provide guidance on emerging trends in performance engineering
- Confident in working across varying software methodologies and working to aggressive timelines
- Good communication skills with the ability to influence and direct change
What you'll be doing
- Setting direction and providing support for the wider performance test team
- Proactively reporting performance metrics and issues to key stakeholders and project team members
- Identifying, communicating and managing risks effectively
- Analysing production datasets to define accurate workload models
- Developing performance test suites to generate and measure workloads
- Understanding, analyzing and identifying the bottlenecks in application and infrastructure performance
- Solving complex technical problems and providing solutions
- Providing input to new sales proposals
- Delivering training on performance testing concepts internally to our staff and graduate programme
We're working on some of the biggest transformation projects in town, so you need to be confident in working across varying software methodologies and quickly pick up domain knowledge.
What’s in it for you?
You'll get to work with a team that are really passionate about what they do. You’ll gain exposure to different businesses, tools and technical environments. Other benefits include ongoing professional development, health, life and income protection insurance, the ability to purchase additional annual leave and wellness initiatives throughout the year.
Click that nice big button to apply!
* We like to see that your code isn't overworked, is clean and scalable so you'll be asked to complete a technical assessment as part of our selection process
Due to the current Covid situation globally we will only consider candidates in New Zealand who are able to pick up a new role and commence employment.