Senior Test Engineer
apply nowupload your cv
Assurity Consulting is a NZ owned and operated, tech consultancy working with business to help solve their ‘challenges’. We do this strategically through working with the C-Suite and their teams, providing expertise and the people to help them transform. Our services include Innovation, DevOps, Design Thinking, Agile, Test and Test Engineering.
As a senior member of the technical consulting team you’ll be based on site with our key clients, building and maintaining test scripts using automation test tools such as selenium and cucumber utilising TDD/BDD techniques, as well as scripting in either Java or C#. You’ll be looked upon to help select and develop the test automation tools we use moving forward, applying the latest techniques in test!
As well as being a member of the close knit testing team you’ll also be working with our clients developers, scrum masters, project managers and more, so good communication is key for this role. You’ll help to provide support, knowledge and guidance to other members of the team and help bring new team members up to speed with testing best practices. You’ll have passion for writing clean, straightforward code and sensible test frameworks.
Some consulting experience is desirable as you’ll be making a strategic contribution at managerial level. But if you don’t have previous professional services experience, it is your stakeholder mindset we’re most interested in.
About you, the technical
- Knowledge of a variety of computer programming languages and applications e.g Java, C#, Python
- Experience working as a Technical Test Engineer or Technical Tester across multiple disciplines (e.g. test automation, web service and API testing, security, contract based testing, performance testing)
- Experience with Open Source and/or commercial tools and frameworks like Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Concordion, SpecFlow, WireMock, SoapUI, Microfocus UFT
- Experience with automation of REST or SOAP service tests and continuous delivery and version control tools e.g. Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket
- Experience with CD/CI systems would be ideal
- Can communicate complex technical issues to non technical stakeholders.
- Have general industry knowledge of technology and of relevant, latest trends
- Are an analytical thinker and can identify gaps between where we are and where we need to be
- Are able to do complex analysis and problem solving in software engineering
Most importantly you have natural curiosity and a continuous learning and experimental mindset.
Some projects we’re working on:
- Developing tests and mocks to accelerate API partner integration and delivery on large digital transformation programmes
- Revolutionise IT delivery with Agile Coaching and implementation of Continuous Testing practices and new automation frameworks
- Developing innovative Open Source frameworks using WebDriver, Concordion and other new technologies
What’s in it for you?
Your benefits include ongoing professional development, health, life and income protection insurance, the ability to purchase additional annual leave and wellness initiatives throughout the year.
We believe in teamwork, collaboration and knowledge sharing as our fundamental ways of working around here. Check us out on Instagram @assuritynz
We really want to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about this job or have a chat. Connect with our Senior Recruiter, Hannah Mundell on LinkedIn, or click that nice big button to apply! We strongly encourage you to submit a cover letter with your application.
We are proud of our diversity with employees from over 37 countries. We are accredited with Immigration NZ and as such welcome applications from international candidates that met the criteria for our roles and demonstrate a passion for NZ.