Senior Test Engineer
apply nowupload your cv
Assurity Consulting is a NZ owned and operated, tech consultancy working with business to help solve their ‘challenges’. We do this strategically through working with the C-Suite and their teams, providing expertise and the people to help them transform. Our services include Innovation, DevOps, Design Thinking, Agile, Test and Test Engineering.
As a senior member of our technical consulting team you’ll be collaborating with our clients' development teams, scrum masters, project managers and more, enabling them to deliver quality products at speed. You'll be involved in defining and implementing the test automation strategy, building and maintaining test suites and creating continuous delivery pipelines.
You’ll be looked upon to help select and develop the test automation tools we use moving forward, applying the latest techniques in test!
Some consulting experience is desirable as you’ll be making a strategic contribution at managerial level. But if you don’t have previous professional services experience, it is your stakeholder mindset we’re most interested in.
About you, the technical
- A passion for writing clean, straightforward code and developing sensible test frameworks.
- Able to code in a variety of programming languages e.g Java, C#, Python
- Experience working as a Technical Test Engineer or Technical Tester across a range of architectures (e.g. API testing, UI testing, application security, contract testing, performance testing)
- Proven ability to create test suites with Open Source and/or commercial tools and frameworks like Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Concordion, SpecFlow, WireMock, SoapUI, Microfocus UFT
- Experience with version control and continuous delivery systems would be ideal, eg. Git, Jenkins
- Can communicate complex technical issues to non technical stakeholders.
- Have general industry knowledge of technology and of relevant, latest trends
- Are an analytical thinker and can identify gaps between where we are and where we need to be
- Are able to do complex analysis and problem solving in software engineering
Most importantly you have natural curiosity and a continuous learning and experimental mindset.
Some projects we’re working on at the moment
- Developing tests and mocks prior to service development to accelerate API partner integration and delivery on large digital transformation programmes
- Revolutionising IT delivery with Agile Coaching and implementation of Continuous Testing practices and new automation frameworks
- Developing innovative Open Source frameworks using WebDriver, Concordion and other new technologies
- We’re also building local communities to help contribute to the body of knowledge of test, CI/CD and DevOps in NZ
What’s in it for you?
You'll get to work with a team that are really passionate what they do, gain exposure to different businesses, tools and technical environments. Other benefits include ongoing professional development, health, life and income protection insurance, the ability to purchase additional annual leave and wellness initiatives throughout the year.
Why do people work for us? It's always about the people. Check them out on Instagram @assuritynz
We really want to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about this job or have a chat. Connect with our Senior Recruiter, Hannah Mundell on LinkedIn, or click that nice big button to apply!