Strategic Business Manager
apply nowupload your cv
Assurity is a 100% NZ owned business and is a leading New Zealand digital services company, providing a broad range of professional services to lead and deliver testing, DevOps, design thinking, intelligent process automation, agile, user research and education capabilities.
Formed in 2005 to ‘improve the delivery of software’, Assurity quickly became the leading software quality and testing consultancy firm in New Zealand. Understanding that to truly deliver quality solutions required changes to the complete design to delivery lifecycle, we became the New Zealand pioneers for Agile software methods and DevOps practices. This philosophy of consistently seeking to improve how software and technology is delivered in New Zealand has seen us grow our presence nationwide, employing more than 260 staff across three offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. Together we have successfully completed more than 1600 projects for more than 300 clients in New Zealand.
Today, we partner with the country’s largest organisations and government agencies collaborating with them and guiding them on their digital transformation journeys, delivering proven capabilities to enable them to innovate, and implementing new ways of working and empowering their workforce.
Find out more about the value we deliver to our clients at https://assurity.nz/
This is a newly created role for an exceptional individual who wants to play a pivotal role in the Wellington Leadership Team and build new business in the region and help propel Assurity’s reputation and positioning as the nation’s leading digital services company.
You’ll use your strong business acumen and Solution Consulting experience to speak to clients and prospects with confidence about the value that Assurity can bring to their organisations. You will be able to understand our clients’ industries, challenges, outcomes they require and add the pieces to the puzzle to help solve their problems.
Assurity is in it for the long haul and clients often see the true value of Assurity when they engage us on their most challenging business issues. Ensuring we continue to secure these opportunities with the largest NZ organisations will be the challenge you are looking for.
Growth doesn’t happen by mistake, you will need to be organised, have a good commercial sense and the ability to lead teams and earn the trust of clients through engagement and account planning, to ensure that you succeed in this role.
To summarise, we’re looking for:
- A track record of successful new business development – probably in an IT professional services environment. We’re talking complex technology solutions, where experience of developing a close working relationship with clients and the development of robust engagements will set you apart.
- A strong network of C-level influencers and decision-makers in the Wellington and NZ market.
- A desire to contribute to the leadership of the branch and influence our strategy, priorities and success
- Excellent client management and presentation skills. The ability to take your team, the client and partners on a journey to successful outcomes. The pursuit of client delight informs everything that we do.
- Ability to define a sales strategy, develop a sales plan & disciplines and deliver to this.
- Energy and enthusiasm, with the desire to become an Assurity ambassador who can build Assurity’s unique story and vision
- A ‘no surprises’ approach to your work and a demonstrable track record of establishing new business built on openness, honesty and trust.
- Ability to develop high-quality responses to formal and informal requests and lead the preparation of written proposals and team engagements.
You will have the energy, passion and enthusiasm to deliver better outcomes for our clients. You’ll also have a desire to be ‘better at better’ yourself. At Assurity we give you every opportunity to do just that and you can find out more at careers.assurity.co.nz/career-development.
Outstanding culture As we’ve grown, we’ve taken care to remember that as an independent, NZ-owned business we can do things differently when compared to a large global employer. We can act fast and focus on our clients. We empower our people to think, challenge the status quo, and lead. By thinking and acting together, our team has created a unique culture and a set of values which underpin everything we do. We like to think it’s family here. We take care of each other because we can make the biggest impact if we act together.
It’s not every day a newly created role like this comes up! If you’re interested in joining our team and playing an integral part in our journey going forward, we would like to talk to you. Hit the Apply Now button or you can contact me for an initial chat. Sam.email@example.com