apply nowupload your cv
The accelerating rate of technology change puts New Zealand businesses under increasing pressure to adapt at faster rates – and in competition with global players. We help organisations embrace the benefits that change offers to give them the best opportunity to survive and thrive. We help clients innovate the products that customers will love, modernise technology to enable delivery of those products at pace and develop a high-performance culture that allows businesses to respond and adapt.
With more than 260 passionate and skilled staff across New Zealand, our teams work to deliver sustainable, strategic change that accelerates the ability of organisations to compete in these exciting and challenging times.
As a member of our technical consulting team you’ll be collaborating with our clients' development teams, scrum masters, project managers and more, enabling them to deliver quality products at speed. You'll be involved in defining and implementing the test automation strategy, building and maintaining test suites and creating continuous delivery pipelines.
You’ll be looked upon to help select and develop the test automation tools we use moving forward, applying the latest techniques in test!
Some consulting experience is desirable as you’ll be making a strategic contribution at managerial level. But if you don’t have previous professional services experience, it is your stakeholder mindset we’re most interested in.
About you, the technical
- A passion for writing clean, straightforward code and developing sensible test frameworks.
- Able to code in a variety of programming languages e.g Java, C#, Python
- Experience working as a Technical Test Engineer or Technical Tester across a range of architectures (e.g. API testing, UI testing, application security, contract testing, performance testing)
- Proven ability to create test suites with Open Source and/or commercial tools and frameworks like Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Concordion, SpecFlow, WireMock, SoapUI, Microfocus UFT
- Experience with version control and continuous delivery systems would be ideal, eg. Git, Jenkins
- Can communicate complex technical issues to non technical stakeholders.
- Have general industry knowledge of technology and of relevant, latest trends
- Are an analytical thinker and can identify gaps between where we are and where we need to be
- Are able to do complex analysis and problem solving in software engineering
Most importantly you have natural curiosity and a continuous learning and experimental mindset.
Some projects we’re working on at the moment
- Developing tests and mocks prior to service development to accelerate API partner integration and delivery on large digital transformation programmes
- Revolutionising IT delivery with Agile Coaching and implementation of Continuous Testing practices and new automation frameworks
- Developing innovative Open Source frameworks using WebDriver, Concordion and other new technologies
- We’re also building local communities to help contribute to the body of knowledge of test, CI/CD and DevOps in NZ
What’s in it for you?
You'll get to work with a team that are really passionate what they do, gain exposure to different businesses, tools and technical environments. Other benefits include ongoing professional development, health, life and income protection insurance, the ability to purchase additional annual leave and wellness initiatives throughout the year.
Why do people work for us? It's always about the people. Check them out on Instagram @assuritynz
Click that nice big button to apply!
* We like to see that your code isn't overworked, is clean and scalable so you'll be asked to complete a technical assessment as part of our selection process