Time for a FreshStart - 2019
apply nowupload your cv
A new career in software testing
Assurity Consulting is a NZ owned and operated, tech consultancy working with business to help solve their ‘challenges’. We do this strategically through working with the C-Suite and their teams, providing expertise and the people to help them transform. Our services include Innovation, DevOps, Design Thinking, Agile, Test and Test Engineering. We’re looking for talent who we can train to deliver better software testing. That could be you.
Add value. Irrespective of your background
We recognise that people from a range of backgrounds can add real value to our clients through their life experiences and the challenges they have overcome. That’s why we have developed our FreshStart Programme to teach those with an interest in software quality everything they need to know to grow a career in testing.
Applications are now open in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
We’re looking for individuals who…
- have researched testing as a career
- are committed to making a change
- have thought about why they are motivated to join this field
- have the passion, energy and enthusiasm to learn
- have some exposure of working in the corporate world (you are likely to have a greater understanding of how business works and that will help you get up to speed with our clients
- affiliate with our core values. Our family culture is really important to us and so we look for individuals who we strongly believe will be positive to that culture
How does the FreshStart programme work?
Each year, we run a 4 week programme designed to teach you everything you need to know about software testing. You need to come armed with a learning mindset, leave the rest up to us.
The programme touches on a range of approaches, techniques and methodologies and will help you develop a ‘tester mindset’, to ensure you can look at software in a new light.
We’re also big on ensuring that you understand our business – why we’re here, where we’re going and how you can help us get there.
What happens after the programme?
You will start in the role of a Tester, working on projects with our clients and along side other Assurity consultants.
What are we offering?
- an outstanding training programme (and you’re paid while doing it)
- a chance to move in a new career direction
- software testing is a growing discipline with good future prospects
- join an amazing team of people who have the knowledge, skills and passion
- full support and career development
- starting salary of $60k*
*We know you may have commitments and it can be a tough decision to perhaps take a drop in salary but we want to be honest with you from the onset. We can assure you that a career in this field is rewarding on a lot of levels (including financially as you grow your career).
Great staff benefits which include health, life and income protection insurance, the ability to purchase extra annual leave, social and wellness initiatives throughout the year – including ice cream on hot days, home baking, a netball team and regular Friday drinks.
Want to see our values in action? Check out our blogs on the Assurity website and #LifeAtAssurity on Instagram @assuritynz
Submit a Covering Letter with your CV outlining why you're interested in a career in software testing.
Please only apply if you are currently in New Zealand and are able to obtain the right to work in New Zealand in this role.
Applications close 30 March 2019.
The 4 weeks training starts 17 July 2019 and you’ll need to be available to start then.