Before implementing a CRM system, the team at Pegasus recognised there were multiple perspectives on who their customers were and that there were numerous ways of understanding customers depending on who within the business was engaging with them.
Pegasus also appreciated the importance of getting clarity about customers across the whole organisation before implementing the CRM system.
Pegasus Health launched a ‘Request for Proposal’ for their ‘Know Your Customer: Discovery Phase’. The Assurity Design & Innovation team won the RFP.
Manager, Project Management Office
Assurity rapidly identified nine teams (Integrated Family Health Services, Community Liaison, Suicide Prevention, Primary Mental Health, Nursing, Practice Support Services, Clinical Quality & Education, 24-hour Acute Demand, and Te Tumu Waiora), then conducted hour-long in-depth ‘empathy interviews’ with team representatives.
After extracting insights, key themes that inform and influence customer relationships at Pegasus Health were identified, including:
• making information accessible and shareable across teams to support optimal decision-making
• identifying and eliminating points of failure
• support for continuous service improvement
• reducing complexity
• supporting a drive towards better healthcare.
• Customer Experience Map and Ideation
• Collection of more than 50 ideas from respondents
• The requirements for a Self-Service portal for customers (patients), external customer dashboard for staff use, and a case management system were uncovered during the ‘Discovery’ workshops.
• Alignment of internal stakeholders’ voices
• Delivery of a report is still referred to and used 18 months after project conclusion.