Assurity was engaged by a national IT infrastructure and managed services corporation to provide training for its teams and clients in response to specific challenges:
- Industry-wide disruption and modernisation to hybrid cloud
- Alignment of teams’ ways of working across a recent multi-company merger
- Alignment of teams with clients in a hybrid-cloud context
- Encouraging a culture of technical excellence and sharing
Assurity delivered the Foundations of DevOps two-day training to more than 100 team members in a nationwide upskilling and training blitz. Assurity’s approach uses the training room as a safe space for teams to align on modernisation efforts and to share knowledge across the organisation. Our training served as the cultural seed of technical upskilling and sharing.
Assurity closed the training blitz with a one-day Agile and DevOps for Leadership course to the organisation’s leadership. This session served as a means to not only share some of our primary findings in the training sessions with leadership, but also as a high-level strategic discussion in the context of adopting Agile, Lean and DevOps patterns.
Our training courses consisted of a customised programme for different levels of the organisation based on a training needs analysis with each group. This enabled us to focus on specific training requirements for each session, while maintaining consistency of teaching right across the organisation.
The organisation-wide training programme consisted of:
- Foundations of DevOps training to engineering teams and clients nationally
- Agile and DevOps for Leadership training to project leaders, company leadership and clients
- Agile Project Management leadership in the DevOps context to project leaders, company leadership and clients
In addition to introducing advanced technical concepts and practices in the training room, Assurity helped engineering teams plan their journey moving forward in the adoption of new ways of working including:
- How to apply DevOps to infrastructure problems
- Upskilling and sharing modern Infrastructure as Code tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Alignment of leadership to work within a DevOps and Agile context
- Using Site Reliability Engineering to measure the reliability of infrastructure services provided, and adjusting how teams work depending on how reliable services are performing
- Identifying Toil and developing a strategy to automate work that lacks enduring value