Date: 15 November 2018
"I’m thinking about applying for a job at Assurity. So what are Assurity’s interviews like and what can I expect?"
Our interview process starts with a phone interview or Google Hangout interview with one of our recruitment team. This is followed up by a face-to-face interview with our consulting team to give you the opportunity to meet who you’d be working with (or by video if you’re overseas). Depending on the role, there could be a brief exercise so we can see your work.
Lastly, you’ll have a more informal interview with the People Development Manager and Business Manager your role would report into. They’d be key to ensuring you’d have a great career with Assurity and a main contact for you.
We’ve put together a collection of interactive interview questions that show you how we work and give you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills.
Depending on the role you’re applying for, we test for:
- Coding and attention to detail: Keep your cool when getting into the details. Clean code and setting best practice
- Expertise: Have you nailed the fundamentals across a variety of techniques? Can you sell your ideas to senior stakeholders and demonstrate results?
- Growth mindset: Are you curious, hungry to learn and aware of new trends or ways of working? Do you LOVE sharing you knowledge with other people?
- Consulting skills: You don’t have to have worked as a consultant before but we’re looking for people who have a strong consulting mindset and approach to business relationships
- Communication: Because our interviews are highly interactive, all the questions give you an opportunity to showcase your brilliant communication skills!
We’re not testing you to trip you up. Our goal is that you leave feeling like you had a good time and – no matter the outcome – that you’ve made some good connections and contacts.
What we don’t do is hire evangelists, ninjas or rock stars. We also don’t do personality tests, never-ending rounds of interviews or whiteboard coding exercises. We aim to make your interview as relaxed as possible and a two-way process so feel free to ask questions!
We do have a high bar as a consultancy and pride ourselves on our rigorous standards. If you have a passion for people and problem solving, we can’t wait for you to join our team!
Curious to find out more? Come and interview with us! Apply here or if you don’t see a current vacancy for you, send a shoutout to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assurity Consulting is an NZ-owned and operated delivery consultancy working with organisations to help solve their ‘challenges’. We do this strategically through working with the C-suite and their teams by providing expertise and the people to help them transform. Our services include DevOps, Design Thinking, Agile, Testing and Test Engineering.