Date: 15 November 2018
"I’m thinking about applying for a job at Assurity. So what are Assurity’s interviews like and what can I expect?"
Our interview process starts with a phone interview or Google Hangout interview with one of our recruitment team. This is followed up by a face-to-face interview with our consulting team to allow you to meet who you’d be working with (or by video if you’re overseas). Depending on the role, there could be a brief exercise so we can see your work.
Lastly, you’ll have a more informal interview with the People Development Manager and Business Manager your role would report to. They’d be vital to ensuring you’d have a great career with Assurity and a primary contact for you.
We’ve assembled a collection of interactive interview questions showing how we work and allowing you to demonstrate your skills.
Depending on the role you’re applying for, we test for the following:
- Coding and attention to detail: Keep cool when getting into the details. Clean code and setting best practice
- Expertise: Have you nailed the fundamentals across a variety of techniques? Can you sell your ideas to senior stakeholders and demonstrate results?
- Growth mindset: Are you curious, hungry to learn, and aware of new trends or ways of working? Do you LOVE sharing your knowledge with other people?
- Consulting skills: You don’t have to have worked as a consultant before, but we’re looking for people who have a strong consulting mindset and approach to business relationships
- Communication: Because our interviews are highly interactive, all the questions allow you to showcase your brilliant communication skills!
We’re not testing you to trip you up. Our goal is that you leave feeling like you had a good time and – no matter the outcome – that you’ve made some good connections and contacts.
What we don’t do is hire evangelists, ninjas, or rock stars. We also don’t do personality tests, never-ending rounds of interviews, or whiteboard coding exercises. We aim to make your interview as relaxed as possible and a two-way process, so feel free to ask questions!
We have a high bar as a consultancy and pride ourselves on our rigorous standards. If you have a passion for people and problem-solving, we can’t wait for you to join our team!
Curious to find out more? Come and interview with us! Apply here.
If you don’t see a current vacancy that aligns with your skills and experience, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV, and we will come back to you.
Follow us on Linkedin for regular updates and learn more about our organisation.
Assurity Consulting helps clients confidently innovate, transform, and grow their businesses. Over 150 consultants offer a wide range of expertise, including Business Analysis, Strategy, Design & Innovation, Software Testing, Quality Assurance, Ways of Working, and Education. Their customer-centric approach maximises value creation and reduces project risk by ensuring that only the ideal solution is developed and delivered right every time. Established in 2005, Assurity is proudly Kiwi owned, with offices in Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch. Having completed over 2000 projects successfully for some of New Zealand’s largest organisations, Assurity has the expertise to help you boost productivity and thrive.